PX This. (diary of the “Maître d’ to the Stars”) - The Revised Edition, by Abbe Diaz, is the witty, irreverent (star-studded) four-year journal of a struggling commercial-artist/fashion-designer moonlighting as a maître d’ at some of Manhattan’s most renowned restaurants. It is a lighthearted, humorous, poignant, and uniquely insightful romp through the nightly playgrounds of some of New York’s (and Hollywood’s) most glamorous and elite, as viewed from the front podium.
PX Me - The Sequel to PX This (How I Became a Published Author,
• “Restaurateur Jean-Georges Vongerichten is so annoyed by the success of his former Maitre D’ Abbe Diaz’s new tell-all book, he is forcing his employees to sign confidentiality agreements. They were also banned from discussing [the book] at work.” – The New York Post
• “Per Variety, ‘Daily Show’ correspondents Jason Jones and Samantha Bee have inked a deal with CBS to write and star in a sitcom about a celebrity chef and the two women who run his empire… [But] it turns out… Abbe Diaz has spent over a year shopping a treatment based on her own book… assuming the producers can find someone fierce enough to play the role of Diaz. — New York Magazine
• “… [Abbe Diaz] kept a diary in which she vented all her frustration — and named names.” – msn.com
• “… that’s your book? Great… it’s about time somebody wrote a book like that…” – Bobby Flay
• “I liked your book. I always knew [withheld] was like that… I’m just glad it wasn’t me!” – Drew Nieporent
• “…[My book] will be nothing like your book…” – John deLucie, Chef/Author, The Hunger
• Salman Rushdie is a "fan" on Facebook®
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
MORE on abbe diaz...
- Who is Abbe Diaz...?
- ‘PX This’ Series Moves Forward Despite CBS’ Celeb-Chef Sitcom
- Scenester Abbe Diaz Gets Personal
- Abbe Diaz Rats Out... Searches for Self on Craigslist
- Self-Publishing Ruins Author/Agent Friendship
- Hey, How'd You Publish an Industry Tell-All?
- Ex-maitre d' Shown Door Instead of Table
- Chef Roman à Clef: "I'm not Abbe"
- Mind Your Manners...
- Those Who Can't, Hire Consultants
- Abbe Diaz Takes the Fifth...
- Is our mystery roman a clef writer Boston's $2.45Million Dollar Bartender?
- Is Abbe Diaz Behind another Crazy Food Scandal?
- 'Sympathy' Responds, Declines to Admit Identity
- Abbe Diaz Accuses Eater of Morandi Favoritism
- Go For Toque
Abbe Diaz to Greenhouse: "Suck It"
- Endorsement for the Day
- If Two is a Trend...
- A Blogger's Peril at La Esquina
- Internet People Dine at Balthazar, Talk Trash
- Auteur Kevin Smith HEARTS abbe diaz
- Abbe Diaz, noted NYC ex-maître
- Abbe Diaz Does Not Wait for Matt Levine and the Eldridge
- Gawker: Can't Take What They Dish, OBVIOUSLY
- Gawker: Ooooh, JELLUS!
- Eater.com: Oooooh, JELLUS!
- Abbe Diaz Tells Us Everything
- [Abbe Diaz] Responds to Mangia Charges
- Quotable Quote, -abbe diaz
- Limelight Vets Remember the Good Old Days
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING about PX This - The Revised Edition:
"... one of the funniest books I have read in a very long time... really draws back the curtain on some of the hottest restaurants ever!" - D.N., New York
"... has got to be one of the best books on fashion ever written... [shows] what it takes to make it in a big city... so inspirational... gives me the strength and courage to follow my dreams..." - N.K., Detroit
"... this is one funny book... hilarious... I feel like I was there. Oh wait, maybe I was!"
"... Brilliant! Bravo!" - F.M., Philadelphia
"... a truly engaging restaurant tell-all told with humor, candor, and razor-sharp wit.... what a great book..." - T.B., Fort Lee
"... loved the fascianting glimpse into the high-fashion world! ... Congrats on writing a great and funny book..." - N.L., Montreal
"... f#@%ing genius." - P.R., Astoria
• home page •
( the book )
[ the blahg ]
> the forum <
~ the fashion ~
© 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Abbe Diaz. All Rights Reserved.